Thursday, 29 July 2010

Something Important

I recently heard about the changing of Cindy Pon's covers. There is no doubt in my mind that they have been whitewashed, an attempt to appeal to a broader market. The question is: why? Why did those in charge feel the need to take the beautiful hardback cover of Silver Phoenix and change it when they decided to sell the paperback? I think most people would agree the harback for Silver Phoenix is stunning. Why fix something that isn't broken? The sad thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened. I imagine most people will remember the "Liar" controversy.

This really saddens me.

Below are a couple of links where I learnt of the changes. Check them out. They're amazing:
http://tinyurl.com/34hs63l
http://tinyurl.com/2bvp9gk

1 comment:

  1. I love that you've posted about this. I have to say that since we're getting the old half-a-face model on the new covers and I've only seen small versions of the image I wasn't one hundred percent sure myself that it was a non-Asian model, but I have to say my first reaction was to be annoyed at myself. The publishers got it right first time and I felt bad that I'd really wanted to read it but hadn't forked out for an import copy.

    ReplyDelete