Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

I haven't done this for a long time so I'll choose two books today :)

WoW is hosted by the wonderful Jill of Breaking the Spine.


My first book is Firespell by Chloe Neill.
Here is the blurb:

As the new girl at the elite St. Sophia’s boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she’ll have to face…

When Lily’s guardians decided to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she was shocked. So was St. Sophia’s. Lily’s ultra-rich brat pack classmates think Lily should be the punchline to every joke, and on top of that, she’s hearing strange noises and seeing bizarre things in the shadows of the creepy building.

The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout’s a little weird—she keeps disappearing late at night and won’t tell Lily where she’s been. But when a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout running from a real monster.

Scout’s a member of a splinter group of rebel teens with unique magical talents, who’ve sworn to protect the city against demons, vampires, and Reapers, magic users who’ve been corrupted by their power. And when Lily finds herself in the line of firespell, Scout tells her the truth about her secret life, even though Lily has no powers of her own—at least none that she’s discovered yet…

Firespell is published January 5, 2010.





My second book is Freaksville by Kitty Keswick.


Here is the blurb:

High school is hard enough when you’re normal. There’s peer pressure, book reports, the in crowd and the enormous zit that has a life of its own. Having a family whose skeletons in the closet lean toward the paranormal is not a topper on anyone’s list. Sophomore Kasey Maxwell is busy juggling the typical teen angst. Add visions, ghosts and hairy four-legged monsters into the mix and you get FREAKSVILLE. It’s a wonder Kasey has survived.

Every woman in the Maxwell family has the gift of sight. A talent sixteen-year-old Kasey would gladly give up. All she wants is a normal life. Shopping and talking about boys with her best friend and long-time sidekick Gillie Godshall consume her days. Until Kasey has a vision about Josh Johnstone, the foreign exchange student from England. The vision leads her into new waters, a lead in a play, a haunted theater…and into the arms of the Josh. Yet, both Kasey and Josh have secrets lurking in dark corners. Can Kasey’s new romance survive FREAKSVILLE?

Freaksville is published on 8th January 2010.

So what is everyone else looking forward to?

7 comments:

  1. Freaksville looks good, I can't wait to read that either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those sound really great, thanks for the heads up on them. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and I hadn't heard of either of them before. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY want to read Freaksville! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. H! I love the look of both of these! Thanks for sharing!

    Btw, I'll think I'll make pack lunches for the read-a-thon, then everyone will be safe for a day LOL -- hope you join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Chloe Neill yet but I have her first in the Chicagoland Vampire series. I'm excited to read it. I think Firespell sounds really good =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eleni - I love the look of Freaksville too!
    Ann Marie - No problem. Have a great day too :)
    Chicklisk - No problem.
    SMBSLT - Me too =D
    Sassy - I think I still might be able to sseverely injure myself/destroy the kitchen making sandwiches.
    Mishel - I hope you enjoy the first book in the Chicagoland Vampire series.

    ReplyDelete