Thursday, 20 August 2009

An Interesting New Book...


I can't believe it. I've actually had my work accepted. This is my new book "Differentiate" which is due to be published by Bloomsbury. My pen name is Rosie J. Cooper.


Okay, it's a joke. I got the idea from this post at The Zen Leaf. Here is what you have to do to create your own debut novel:

Directions:

CREATE YOUR DEBUT YA COVER

1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
The name that appears is your author name.

2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml
The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.

3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php
Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4 – Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.

5 – Post it to your site along with this text.
(I think I did a great job with the title and author placement, don't you? Helps that I got a perfect picture for it. This was really easy to put together on Picnik, and the flickrcc website where you chose your picture links right to it.)

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a great picture. I'm adding your link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'you know what? I actually believed you when I read the first sentence of my dashboard! I'm so gullible sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me there for a second lol...that would make an awesome cover though! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new book(lol)
    I am going over to see how I can get MY book published so quickly and effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny--I was thinking "OMG Kate!!! Congratulations" It's a great cover, maybe you should write the novel!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! What a cool idea! Congrats on your new book! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! I have to try this - I'll be back!

    Sassy
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! At first I was like "I MUST CONGRATULATE HER!!!" and then I saw that it was "create your own YA cover" and I was like "aww!"


    Nice cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me going there. Fun idea thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I hear the GCSE results are out.How di you do??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool..of course now that all your future readers are awaiting your book...you'd better get crackin' on writing the innards of that book, your adoring fans have spoken.....;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone =D

    Now I just have to write the book :L

    And Yvette - I don't know if you'll read this, but I've got my results!

    ReplyDelete