Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Waiting on Wednesday





Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Here is my WoW book:

Eyes Like Stars
by Lisa Mantchev

All her world's a stage.

Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.


She is not an orphan, but she has no parents.


She knows every part, but has no lines of her own.


Until now.



Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the characters of every place ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book—an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family—and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.



Lisa Mantchev has written a debut novel that is dramatic, romantic, and witty, with an irresistible and irreverent cast of characters who are sure to enchant the audience.



Open Curtain.



Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: July 07, 2009 (I'm hoping this is for the UK as well)


Don't you love the cover? I've heard such great things about this book.

24 comments:

  1. Going to read this yet this month (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds great, and very different! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, this sounds good! I so want this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks so good, and how cool is the cover?! Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. It sounds like a really good read! I am in love with the cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/06/they-like-me-really.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't WAIT for this book - thanks for posting it!

    I love that cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate,

    Yes, I'd like to read this. AND it "IS" coming out in the UK - so, we can all do the happy dance!

    I need a wish list, I have so many new books I want to read - it's getting re-dic. (As in Gimme Gimme Gimme).

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't you love the cover for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lenore - I hope you enjoy it and can't wait for your review!

    Chicklish - You're welcome and it does sound great :D

    So Many Books, So Little Time - I can't wait.

    Callie - Thank you!

    Sara L - Agreed!

    prophecygirl - Thanks. I am in love with the cover.

    The Book Resort - The cover is soooo pretty.

    Kim - You're welcome. It should be worth the wait!

    Sassy Brit - Woo hoo! UK release. Ahhh, I know how you feel about the ever-growing wishlist.

    The Story Siren - It really is an amazing cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this on a few blogs, it sounds interesting and different. I can't wait to check it out! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelley - I agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, it's 4th in line after Nothing But Ghosts, Milestones and Catching Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, Catching Fire should be high on the list! But Eyes Like Stars looks wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree Kate, I keep hearing great reviews about this book

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hear good reviews about this, too. That has to stand for something!

    Gosh! You are early - I thought it was Tuesday? :)

    Oh, and thanks for your comments on my blog -- the What's on Your Desk Wednesday has a text only version for those without cameras -- and it's where ever you lay your books - not just your desk.

    I'd better get myself organised, after a busy weekend I'm playing catch up.

    Take care,

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was posted last Wednesday :D
    I haven't blogged in ages!
    I shall go back and check out the "What's on Your Desk Wednesday?"
    "Eyes Like Stars" sounds realy good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you get a review copy, Kate!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely have my eyes on this one too. I absolutely love the cover too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mishel - The cover is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete