Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Teaser Tuesday... on Wednesday (oops)

Things have been a bit hectic recently. All the GCSEs are coming up (I have another exam tomorrow). So I'm sorry that I'm a bit of shambles today. If anyone knows who started Teaser Tuesday's, please can you tell me so I can give them their well deserved credit and post a link.

On to Teaser Tuesday. The rules are as follows:
-Grab your current read.
-Let the book fall open to a random page.
-Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
-You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
-Please avoid spoilers!

"My God." Father Rose put his hands flat on the table, the fingers splayed. "What's been going on? What's the man done?"

This is from "A Swift Pure Cry" by Siobhan Dowd.

5 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I definitely want to know what the man's done. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! i didn't really like this book very much though. Good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mishel - thanks, I also want to know what the man has done. It fell open to a page that was ahead of what I read!

    Clausewitz - I went on to free translation and this is what your message translates as (it was originally in Potrugese):

    Hello. Congratulations by his excellent blog. It would like invite him for visit my blog and know something about Brazil. Abração

    Okay then... I'll look at the blog but if it's Portugese... I won't understant a word.

    So Many Books, So Little Time - I loved Siobhan Dowd's book "Bog Child". I like "A Swift Pure Cry" so far. I think it's because they are based in Ireland, I'm realy interested in Irish history because my grandad's Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks for wishing me luck on my exams :D
    (So Many Books, So Little Time)

    ReplyDelete