Sunday, 10 May 2009

In The Post #2

It's based on the "In My Mailbox" meme which was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. She was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. In The Post is the British version. We lack mailboxes and receive our post through a hole in the door. Fancy or what?


I didn't do In The Post last week because I didn't get any books last week. I got a prom dress instead :)

I didn't think that I would be able to do this post this week either because I didn't buy any books. But then I went to the library (evil cackle). You can't leave me alone in a library, it's dangerous. I tell myself I'll get one book. Just one, maybe two. And then I left with ten, the maximum. But I noticed, when I looked at the pile, that two books were re-telling of classics which I don't want to read. So here are the eight remaining books:








"The Knife of Never Letting Go" by Patrick Ness (I'm pretty sure it won the Carnegie Award)
"The Lord of the Rings trilogy" by JRR Tolkien (I got three separate books for this)
"Evil Star" by Anthony Horowitz (I've read Raven's Gate and I love Anthony Horowitz's work)
"Nightrise" by Anthony Horowitz
"Triskellion" by Will Peterson (has anyone read this?)
"A Swift Pure Cry" by Siobhan Dowd (I loved Bog Child by Siobhan Dowd and my review of Bog Child can be found here)

How was everyone else's week?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't like A Swift Pure Cry so I'm looking forwrad to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new twist on the classic Cinderella. Not predictable. - try The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry.
    Also - Melissa Marr has a great series brewing - check www.melissa-marr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read the sequel to Knife of Never Letting Go. It ended on quite the cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about other libraries' borrowing rules (i'm a nerd)... at my library the max is 30 books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 books - you are so lucky. I can get 10 books out as a maximum and I can use my library card for all the libraries in my borough :)
    But I can still only get a total of 10 books, whether it's 5 from one library and 5 from another.

    However, I plan to get a Slough library card after the GCSEs. That way I can get books from Uxbridge Library and Slough Library :D

    ReplyDelete