Sunday, 19 April 2009

In The Post

It's "In My Mailbox" with a twist. The twist is, I don't really have a mailbox. Yeah, I'm a Brit. Our mail goes through our door. I think we just like testing the postman to see if he can outrun the dogs :)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. Kristi was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

I didn't buy any books this week. It was hard but I resisted temptation. And I've got a massive TBR pile at the minute. As well as that revision for the evil GCSEs.

Anyway, for review this week, I received:

Split by a Kiss by Luisa Plaja
Extreme Kissing by Luisa Plaja
My Dating Disasters Diary by Liz Rettig




Split by a Kiss:
Jo has never been one of the popular kids... until she moves to the USA. Suddenly the coolest girls at her new high school adopt her, and the hottest boy, Jake Matthews, notices her. But when Jake picks her as a partner in the kissing game Seven Minutes in Heaven, it's not half as heavenly as she imagined!
Jo has a choice: should she carry on with Jake for guaranteed popularity - or should she tell him where to get off and risk losing her new friends...?
At this moment - Jo splits. She's Josie the Cool - girlfriend of Jake, member of the in-crowd. But she's also Jo the Nerd - rejected by the It girls, single... ordinary. Will her two halves ever come together again?

Extreme Kissing:
Bethany is the sensible one with a long-term boyfriend, Carlota is the rebellious one with the wild past. All is fine in their world - except Carlota hates her step dad and longs for her ex. And Bethany is worried that her boyfriend is about to dump her - and she’s ‘late’…Carlota has a plan to put their troubles behind them on a crazy day out in London. She uses her favourite magazine to guide them on a life-changing adventure - setting real challenges from the glossy pages that lead to exclusive shopping, exciting snogging and … explosive secrets.
The magazine will take them everywhere they need to go - but will it make them reveal the truths they are keeping from each other?

My Dating Disasters Diary:
Kelly Ann is a total tomboy. She loves football and computer games and has no idea why anyone would want to bother with soppy romantic stuff and stupid crushes on boys. Her best mate is Chris, the boy next door, and he's not into that stuff either, is he? Follow Kelly Ann's ventures into the crazy world of love through her stonkingly funny diaries.


How was everyone's week?

10 comments:

  1. According to my dad, I have 2 huge boxes of books waiting for me in the US. Can't wait til August to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have too many books from library sales and waterstone's. I imagine with 2 boxes, you're going to be reading for quite a while :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want an American mailbox they're much better than slits through a door!

    And Luisa's books are awesome, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. All the books look cute! And Singaporean mailboes are just like PO boxes. So not cool. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are soo cuute covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books have the best covers. I really am drawn to them. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you,
    and I love the covers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh.. it's a Luisa & Liz week! All those books/authors are brilliant - enjoy.

    And I had to have a post box made because I get so many packages.. lol.. it's big, red and wooden, and it sits at the front of the house. We've had it a few years now, and it works very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting books. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The books were amazing!
    :D

    ReplyDelete